To Our Valued Client,
As the Holiday Season approaches, we would like to remind you that our appointment book opens the Monday after Thanksgiving, November 27th. We will not make any appointments before this date.
As you prepare for your upcoming appointment we want you to be aware of some changes in tax law that may affect your tax liability. Those changes are as follows:
• Health insurance companies will be issuing a 1095 A, B, or C to provide proof of insurance. Please make sure you bring the 1095 as we cannot file your return without it. Those of you who were without insurance for part or some of 2016 please note that the penalty is higher this year and is based off of a percentage of your income.
• If you have stock sales please send us the 1099-B with supporting information prior to our appointment so that you do not have to wait while we key in all this activity.
• Payback of first time homebuyers’ credit taken in 2008 continues this year.
• The sales tax deduction on the purchase of new vehicles may be eligible for deduction.
• Changes are being made as far as the rules and regulations for tax preparers. Your tax return will not be filed without proper documentation and please remember we are required by law to electronically file your return
Due to the changes in tax law, we strongly urge all of you to complete the attached tax deduction finder and bring it with you to your appointment. We would also like to remind you that if you don’t have a financial planner at this time and you are interested in making an appointment for Financial Planning, we recommend contacting: Koney Wealth Advisors at 708-349-1001.
At this point in time we are unable to make a commitment on cost for the upcoming season. As always we will do our utmost to hold the line. Please remember that our office procedures are as follows:
• All paperwork will be held until payment is received in full.
• Taxes may not be released at time of preparation; they will be reviewed for accuracy.
• For your convenience we now accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
As in the past, we keep striving to serve YOU, our Client, with the latest and most innovative sources and materials available.
The Staff of Thurzo-Spellman Enterprises, Inc.